Director Of Marketing
The director of marketing is responsible for all activities related to conceptualizing and implementing market strategy and achieving marketing targets. Specific responsibilities include business and market development; market research and planning; strategic direction for promotion and advertising; and coordination with sales staff.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Serves as the director of marketing, provides overall marketing strategy for the company.
- Develops the annual marketing plan and the strategies, tactics and resources necessary to achieve system and goals.
- Provides leadership and/or supports the design, development, and implementation of products and service lines.
- Creates an institutional and system-wide marketing reporting function that can track, measure and analyze performance.
- Manages effective expenditures of marketing resources.
- Analyzes competitor strategies and provides input and support to the company’s leadership arrangements.
- Participates fully in professional societies and activities related to the transportation industry in order to evolve McCoy Freightliner into a leader in transportation marketing initiatives.
- Schedules trucking/trade show events, booths (or booth space) and conferences. Oversees and approves all marketing strategies and media for shows and conferences.
- Provides marketing direction and services to all divisions of McCoy Freightliner
- Develops strategic paid advertising plan for traditional media, digital media and social media. Creates updated, accurate and on-brand ads.
- Develops and executes strategy and all duties pertaining to the upkeep and management of McCoy Freightliner’s website, SEO and social media presence.
- Develops, maintains and approves all company logos.
- Approves all marketing material with company logo prior to distribution whether internal or external including sales flyers.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Technical skills in strategic planning and marketing, business and market development, market research and planning and promotions/advertising.
- Proven ability to lead a progressive marketing department.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and be flexible while working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, administrators and the general public.
- Knowledge of applications of: MS Office, and proficient with graphic design applications such as Illustrator, Lightroom, Photoshop, Publisher.
- Experience with WordPress, media buying, SEO management, and email marketing a plus.
Education, Experience and Special Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four year college or university with a degree in marketing or related field.
- 2 + Years of experience in marketing field is preferred.
Body Shop Technician
McCoy Freightliner in Portland, OR has a full-time opportunity for a Body Shop Technician. Our body shop provides the highest quality body, paint, fabrication, detail, and collision work and our technicians are trained to work on Freightliner, Western Star and other heavy duty vehicles. We are seeking an individual who takes pride in their work and is committed to the success and satisfaction of our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned)
- Identify and determine parts required for repair; review repair orders, work order, and Body Shop Managers estimate notes; follow warranty guidelines; notify Supervisor of any repair add-ons.
- Adjust, replace, and repair all series of truck and trailer equipment (e.g., sheet metal repairs, fiberglass/ panel repairs, fabrication and structural welding, installation and alignment of truck cab body components, electrical and mechanical repairs, etc.).
- Road test vehicles when necessary.
- Maintain current knowledge of job and technical skills and truck manufacturer’s repair process.
- Welding, suspension, frame work experience a plus! OR must be willing to learn/train
- Practical experience and proficiency in use of all tools required for the job (welding equipment, plasma cutters, drills, sanders, die-grinders, impact wrenches, and jacks) required
- Working knowledge/experience of medium and heavy duty trucks
- Must have own hand tools
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs with or without assistance
- Medical, Vision, Dental
- 401K with Employer match
- STD, LTD, Life insurance
Paid Time off, Holiday Pay, and Sick Pay available
Diesel Mechanic / Service Technician
This Diesel Mechanic position is responsible for diagnosing and repairing medium to heavy-duty trucks under minimal supervision. Repairs will include Preventative Maintenance inspections and repairs, air and hydraulic brake repairs, tire repairs, warranty procedures, driveline, steering & suspension, electrical trouble-shooting, AC and other duties as assigned.
In addition, the Technician will assist other Technicians in repairs and will be expected to comply with Safety and EPA procedures and continue to learn additional mechanical duties such as advanced diagnostics, internal engine and transmission repairs.
Experience & Requirements:
- 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to read codes and instructions on the computer
- Must be able to document repairs on the computer
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License and the ability to meet McCoy Freightliner’s driving qualifications
- Prefer a Commercial Driver’s License or ability to obtain one
- 3 years of proven medium to heavy-duty vehicle repair including: PM’s, tire & wheel, air & hydraulic brakes, diagnosis, computerized diagnostics, electrical
- Prefer certifications in tire & wheel, brakes, AC &/or EPA
- Must possess at minimum a set of hand tools up to 3/4″
- Ability to work flexible schedules including shift work, weekends, holidays and on-call rotations for roadside assistance
New Truck Sales
Ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated sales ability
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to close.
- Existing truck sales experience and knowledge of the heavy-duty industry is required.
- High energy and motivation
- Able to prioritize and take initiative
- The ability to work in a team environment
- The ability to work independently without direct oversight
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Effective self-time management, strong productivity, and self-motivated.
- The ability to manage and market to current customers while developing new prospects.
- Knowledge of competitors’ products and offerings.
- Understands and complies with federal, state, and local regulations that affect the sale of new and used medium- and heavy-duty vehicles.
- Provides follow-up and ongoing service to existing customers.
- Offers service to all walk-in and call-in customers on assigned floor days.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- At least 2 years of heavy duty truck sales experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Must have good computer skills for Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and excellent internet skills
- Own and have unrestricted use of a dependable vehicle
- No CDL required but would be beneficial
If you have experience related to the following, this job might be right for you:
·WESTERN STAR TRUCKS
Used Heavy and Medium Duty Truck Sales
The position is responsible for generating new customers and developing existing accounts to increase truck sales and maintain overall customer satisfaction.
McCoy Freightliner OFFERS:
- Competitive salaries plus commission.
- Exceptional health care, dental and vision insurance.
- STD/LTD/Life insurance
- PTO, Holiday, and Sick pay available
- Contacting prospective customers and assigned accounts within territory.
- Understanding and meeting the customers’ specific needs, while maintaining our high level of customer service.
- Promoting and selling heavy duty and medium duty trucks.
- Writing sales orders, securing deposits and processing paperwork in accordance with established dealership policies.
- Developing and presenting sales proposals to clients.
- Accountable to meet or exceed sales quotas.
- Strong PC skills including Excel and Microsoft office products.
- Excellent customer service experience and strong communication skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications.
- Solid time management and analytical skills are necessary.
- Selling/Closing sales skills preferred.
- 2-3 years minimum sales experience preferred (not required).
- WILL TRAIN